We understand that you are new to QuickBooks and it will be our pleasure to assist you with your queries, but before you contact us, it would be easier if you go through this FAQ first. Lot of your questions might be answered here.
QuickBooks is Intuit Inc’s Accounting and beyond software solution designed in a friendly user interface way in order to manage stock, sales, purchases and lot of other needs of a small to medium size business.
QuickBooks is not simply another accounting software.
It will also manage your Estimations, Sales Orders, Purchase Orders, Stock etc. Using Attachments feature you can attach a document or any electronic file to a transaction or a name (customer, supplier etc) so everything is there when you need it. You can type notes for every transaction or name so you always have the information there when needed.
You can memorized transactions like invoices, sales orders, journal entries so you do not need to remember recurring invoices for example or loan deposits. You can print or email invoices, sales receipt, statements, purchase orders etc.
You can produce meaningful reports and charts to help you understand more how your business is doing, ratios and other aspects of your business.
If you are a small or medium size business then QuickBooks is the right software for you.
There are two different offerings for QuickBooks. Perpetual and Subscription license type.
With perpetual license you are the owner of the software license you purchase. Perpetual license does not include any support from our company. You can always purchase a support plan from us at the time you purchase the product or on a later stage.
You subscribe to QuickBooks and you are billed on a regular base (mostly every month). Your subscription includes, free license upgrade (whenever a new version is released by Intuit QuickBooks), updates and support from our company. To sign up for a QuickBooks subscription through our website, you will need to get (if you do not have one already) a PayPal account.
Continue reading the FAQs to see more about our support plans and see what our support plans include.
Yes, there is a major difference between the two country versions. QuickBooks USA will handle taxes according to US tax law where QuickBooks UK will handle VAT according to UK Vat standards. Here at MULTICLICK.NET we only deal with QuickBooks UK versions.
The answer is NO, Data recorded with QuickBooks USA cannot be converted to a QuickBooks UK. You will need to start up a new database and start entering opening balances.
- QuickBooks Pro for newly or small business
- QuickBooks Premier for small or growing business
- QuickBooks Accountant for small, growing business or Accountants
(See why QuickBooks Accountant edition is accounting professionals first choice)
QuickBooks UK comes up with the UK VAT standard 9 boxes. Customization on the number or the name of the boxes in order to comply with the Cyprus VAT form is not possible. The VAT module within QuickBooks can help you create your own VAT codes, rates, reverse charge etc. but it won’t allow you to create or rename additional boxes. Never the less, you can still find the values missing to complete the Cyprus form (boxes 8 to 11B) but some extra manual work is needed.
QuickBooks Pro can grow up to 5 concurrent users. QuickBooks Premier and Accountant can grow up to 30 concurrent users provided that you have purchased all appropriated licenses. Please refer to the comparison chart to see more.
According to QuickBooks there is no limit on the number of databases you wish to create in your QuickBooks software
You can import lists from excel (customer details, suppliers and items (inventory)). If you need to batch import transactions on a regular basis then you may consider our QuickBooks add-on “Import Utilities for QuickBooks”
It only supports English language for both (reading and typing).
There are two different types of offering, (Perpetual License and Subscription)
- QuickBooks Desktop UK Perpetual licensing is once off fee. No recurring fees apply to licenses. Even though the license is perpetual, still, there is a discontinuation policy. Continue reading the FAQ to find more about Intuit discontinuation policy.
- QuickBooks Desktop UK subscription licensing is based on a monthly subscription recurring fee. The subscription includes, the license(s), updates, upgrades to newer version whenever this is released by Intuit and high quality instant support from us.
You can purchase additional licenses for as far as the version you own is not discontinued. You may want to refer to Intuit discontinuation policy for further information.
QuickBooks is a straight forward windows application with a very user friendly interface. For the installation part, when it comes to simple one user installation then if you can install any other windows application then you can also install QuickBooks. In case of a multi-user environment then you may need the help of your IT or us to install it since it may requires additional configuration that involves server and QuickBooks host configuration. For multi user installation you may want to refer to Intuit article here. Lot of our clients want us to install and configure it for them so they know that everything is working properly.
As far as the operation and usage is concerned then for the majority of the users that are aware of accounting basics the operation and usage is really easy. QuickBooks build in help can provide important and useful information.
Here at MULTICLICK.NET as members or Intuit QuickBooks Professional Advisors, we provide consultancy and training solutions so you can benefit the most of your QuickBooks solution.
You can install one license to two computers considering that the first be the working and the second be the backup computer. Installing the license to a third or more computers is not recommended and violates the rules and regulations. The installation of the same license on a second computer does not provide a concurrent usage of the database.
Yes you can transfer the license. If your computer broke down that could be one very good reason 🙂. Here is a good article to help you transfer your license to another computer.
There are several scenarios and reasons when and why you need a server or not to run QuickBooks.
- If you are a QuickBooks single user then the answer is no, you may have both QuickBooks application and the databases on your local computer, but you may want to use a server either for security purposes or for WAN access.
- In a multi user environment the need of a server is important. Here are two scenarios but it might be a good idea if you and your IT contact us for further information and consulting.
- Use the client – server solution
- Client / Server LAN option – QuickBooks is installed on your local computers and the QBDBMS Engine is installed and configured on the server to host the databases and the multi user access. This is the best option for multi user access within the same LAN
- Client / Server WAN option (VMware or similar is required) – QuickBooks is installed on your virtual remote desktops and the QBDBMS Engine is installed and configured on your virtual server in the VMware or similar machine. Users can access their remote desktops via Microsoft remote desktop (RD) either from their LAN or WAN. This is the best scenario for multi user access from different locations (WAN)
- Use the Terminal Services (LAN or WAN) – This is the scenario where QuickBooks application and databases are on the server. Users can access QuickBooks by connecting to their session on the server using Microsoft remote desktop (RD). While QuickBooks Desktop can run on a Terminal Server environment, only QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions is supported in this environment (with limitations). You may use terminal services if there is no alternative. If a terminal server is going to be used then, prior to your QuickBooks purchase, you must ask your QuickBooks sales Rep to bridge (merge) the QuickBooks licenses for you into a single installation key. This is important because you can only install an application on the server once.
- Use the client – server solution
Yes, QuickBooks can be installed on a Microsoft Windows Terminal Server but it is important to understand one very important factor. All your QuickBooks licenses must first be combined into one installation license prior to you QuickBooks purchase. Combining multiple QuickBooks licenses into a single license number it is crucial because you can only install the same software on the terminal server only once; thus, the server needs to know that the particular installation includes x number of QuickBooks licenses. Prior to your purchase, inform our sales representative that the licenses you are about to purchase are to be used on a terminal server so he/she can advice you accordingly. Please read this Intuit article for further information
Bridging licenses is important when it comes to install 2 or more licenses on a terminal server environment. You can only install an application on the server once; thus, if your environment is a Windows terminal server then all your licenses must be bridged (combined or merged) into a single installation license. That primary license holds all extra licenses that you own. As a result, QuickBooks can be installed on the terminal server using the primary license that will hold for example 5 licenses in total. This procedure will allow 5 multiple users to access QuickBooks company file on a Windows terminal server through remote desktop connection.
Follow the link to find more about QuickBooks System Requirements (Hardware and Operating Systems) for both QuickBooks Client PC and QuickBooks Hosting Server
you should upgrade to the latest QuickBooks version on a regular basis, but if you stayed behind then there are things that you need to know.
For example, If your QuickBooks version is 2006 then data are still upgradable to the latest 2019 version but not directly. It is recommended that you upgrade them by stages, i.e. 2008, 2012, 2015 etc.
If you are using older version than 2006 then data should be first upgraded to the 2006 version and then again upgrade them stage by stage to the latest version.
In both cases, upgrading from 2006 or older to the latest version, serious changes will apply in your database like VAT, Templates etc. Here is a link to help you further.
Pay extra attention on page 11 where it talks about “2006 or earlier upgrades only”.
If you feel uncomfortable upgrading the company your self then we offer upgrading services for a fee.
If you are an Accounting Professional then QuickBooks is the right software for you. It’s unique characteristics, like the easy of use, multi-currency ready, multiple company files (create a new company file within minutes and start working immediately), dual monitor support, dynamic reporting etc converts QuickBooks into a dynamic tool for every accounting professional. Read more about QuickBooks and accounting professionals here
QuickBooks DISCONTINUED versions
What is QuickBooks Desktop Discontinuation Policy?
Each QuickBooks Product is generally supported for a period of up to three years. For example, the support for QuickBooks 2016 ended on May 31st 2019.
It is highly recommended that you always check the details of QuickBooks discontinuation policy.
Discontinuation Policy in simple words
Product discontinuation does not mean that you can not use the product. What it does mean, is that you can not use or ask for several services related to the product like:
- QuickBooks updates
- Request for additional users
- Registration / Activation
- Help and Support
- Password recovery (recovered database will be returned to the latest version of QuickBooks)
- Database recover after corruption (recovered database will be returned to the latest version of QuickBooks)
- Payroll updates if you are using any
Which QuickBooks versions are discontinued?
The following QuickBooks versions are discontinued as per QuickBooks disco policy.
- QuickBooks 2017 UK - discontinues on May 2020
- QuickBooks 2016 UK - discontinued on May 2019
- QuickBooks 2015 UK - discontinued on May 2018
- QuickBooks 2014 UK - discontinued on April 2017
- QuickBooks 2013 UK - discontinued on April 2016
- QuickBooks 2012 UK - discontinued on April 2015
- QuickBooks 2010 UK - discontinued years ago
- QuickBooks 2008 UK - discontinued years ago
Why I can not receive any support from MULTICLICK.NET if my QuickBooks version is discontinued?
If your QuickBooks version has been discontinued then, here at MULTICLICK.NET we cannot provide any kind of support for the following reasons:
- Support information for discontinued versions became rear and time consuming since there is no access to information related to the version that has been discontinued.
- Compatibility issues with windows versions or other related software prevent us from providing the quality of the support we want to provide.
We encourage all QuickBooks users who their QuickBooks product has been discontinued to upgrade to the latest release. Please feel free to contact us for further information.
REQUEST QUICKBOOKS SUPPORT
There are 3 ways to get QuickBooks support
- Access free QuickBooks Support via official Intuit QuickBooks Self-Service Support Portal.
Lots of articles and resources to cover almost every aspect of QuickBooks.
- Check out our QuickBooks Tricks & Tips articles.
This option is for QuickBooks users who do not have an active paid annual or monthly support plan subscription with our company but still require support.
- Purchase a Support Ticket
- Contact us using one of the following means and provide us with your invoice / receipt number (the one you have received after purchasing a Support Ticket)
This section is for QuickBooks users who have an active fully paid Annual or Monthly Support Plan Subscription with our company.
Please use the following below methods in priority.
In all methods please make sure that you state your name or the company name as it appears on your subscription invoice.
By purchasing QuickBooks UK, you are allowed a 30 days free support from QuickBooks UK Directly (not from us). We provide high quality paid annual support plans to our customers. Our support plans are design to cover your needs and include (email support via a ticketing system, telephone, online chat and remote support).
If you have purchased a QuickBooks Perpetual License then you may purchase annual support If you have purchased a QuickBooks Monthly Subscription Licenses, then, support is included.
Accounting is a critical aspect in your firm. If you have a question or an issue then you want help and you need it now. You do not want to access self-service portals or send emails to general support inquiries. You need to call or contact someone directly.
Why choosing MULTICLICK.NET for your QuickBooks support.
This is what we offer, High Quality QuickBooks Support. We “speak your language”, Instant access to a support person either by phone, on-line chat and occasionally by email. You have a problem? then give us a call or chat on-line. If required, the support representative will ask you to grand him access to your screen via TeamViewer and help you further, that simple but so much effective. We have the experience and the well trained personnel to offer you high quality QuickBooks support whenever you needed it. We strongly believe in after sales support and QuickBooks support plans are here to help you.
Five Reasons Why Customer Support Software Is A Must For Startups. Source: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/253000
“While some companies wait until after the startup phase to adopt customer support software, the fact is that a well-designed support solution provides critical capabilities that can help new businesses achieve the early success that leads to long-term viability. Here are five ways customer support software can help startups make the grade”
- Generate cost savings
- You have the chance to exceed expectations
- Continuously improve satisfaction to drive growth
- Improve employee satisfaction by providing the right resources
- Monitor reporting to support agility
general based quickbooks support plan agreement
a - QuickBooks Support Agreement - description
The following describes the QuickBooks Annual or Monthly Support Agreement provided by MULTICLICK.NET LTD to clients who have purchased and paid for this support service. MULTICLICK.NET LTD reserves the right to refuse the provision of support at any time if the service is not paid.
b - Support validity
- Annual support is valid for one year starting from invoice date or as described on the invoice associating this service as the next expiry date
- Monthly support is provided as a service for as long as the subscription continues.
c - Support includes typically the following:
- The provision of help and assistance in relation to QuickBooks software
- Usage issues
- Basic error troubleshooting
- Lowest rates on services that might be required and are not included in the support plan
- The support might be provided under this priority via:
- E-mail - for non urgent requests, email is the preferred support method
- Online chat - you can initiate chat through our website
- Remote Access
d - The support does not include:
- Change of existing QuickBooks installation of any kind (i.e. computer replacement, server replacement)
- QuickBooks installation of fixes and updates that are periodically released by Intuit
- New Database (Company file) setup
- Admin password recovery
- Database corruption recovery
- On-site support
e - Important
- We do not support QuickBooks versions that have been discontinued by Intuit as per Intuit discontinuation policy. For more info please check out our FAQ section
A QuickBooks add-on is a software that co-operates with QuickBooks do perform a specific task. There are hundred of QuickBooks add-ons available in the market. Here at MULTICLICK.NET also develop QuickBooks add-ons like CRM, Landed Cost Utilities etc. You can choose from ready made add-ons or ask us to develop your own add-on to match your business needs. Here is a list of our QuickBooks add-ons currently available. If you have a special add-on request then you may contact us to discuss your needs further and quote you.
Let’s keep it simple, you are a business owner, your firm has some unique needs, you do like QuickBooks and you are looking for a QuickBooks solution that will transform your entire business. We, from the other hand, are Intuit QuickBooks certified Professional Advisors, we do know QuickBooks very well and over the years we gain a huge experience with different business sectors; thus, the most of the times, we have a very good idea for what you are looking after. We can investigate your business needs and quote you for a total QuickBooks solution that will include where applicable Licenses, Installation, Consultancy, Training and Add-ons. Our best advertisement is our customers, local or overseas. Read more …
You can purchase QuickBooks or QuickBooks related services or products directly from this online store. If you have further queries or need assistance then either chat online with a QuickBooks representative or contact us. We will be please to assist you choosing the right software and develop your solution on QuickBooks.GO TO SHOP
We are authorized to sell QuickBooks in Cyprus and in few other specific countries only. If your company is not listed in the Country field within the check out form then unfortunately you cannot purchase QuickBooks from us and you will need to contact Intuit UK directly.
Sure, you can request your QuickBooks, 30 days free trial from here and / or ask for a 30 minutes remote presentation with one of our QuickBooks experts. Your demonstration will include QuickBooks and / or QuickBooks Add-ons if needed.
Presentation requires that Skype is installed on your computer with microphone and speakers availability.