Restoring a QuickBooks backup might be tricky some times. Here are some useful information that might be helpful.
- From the top menu select File > Open or Restore Company
- Select Restore a Backup Copy and click next
- Browse to locate your backup file *.QBW and click Open
- The next screen will remind you for something really useful. Never overwrite your existing company. Always give your restore file a new name or choose a different location. Click next to continue
- Browse to choose the location where you want to restore the new file. Give your file a new name and click Save. Remember, do never ever overwrite your existing file.
- After restoring your database file, run a rebuild to check the file for consistency.